May 25, 2007

And The Number Shall Be Three! No More! No Less!



I leave for Czech/Ukraine in three days. I can't believe it's here. I am finally getting to go back overseas! I feel like this been one of the longest years of my life. I have gone through a lot in this year (May 2006 to May 2007):


*Got accepted to JV


*Took a last minute FBC team to Ukraine


*Started raising support


*Traveled for recruitment job at CBC--the last time


*Had the hardest/best talk ever with my sister


*Went to JV training in Chi-town


*Continued raising support (a little discouraged at this point)


*Went to missionary training in Colorado (encouraged about support raising)


*Cracked my tailbone (worth it)


*Made friends who are all over the world (Croatia reunion...someday, someday)


*More support raising (extremely discouraged)


*Got TEFL certified (kicked my REAR)


*Had some more hard but really good talks with the rest of my family


*Said goodbye to CBC


*Cried a lot (pretty much all year)


*Support Raising boom (extremely encouraged)


*Packed up my apartment (still in the process)


*Lost my plane ticket for this summer's trip (yep, that happened today...a panic attack ensued)


*Leave for summer camps in Ukraine...in 3 days.


*Still raising support (praying for a miracle this summer!)



Perseverance, Trust, and Patience have been the big themes of this LONG year. God has taken me through a lot...definitely times I wasn't sure if I was on the right path...but He continues to confirm this road I'm on, so I will keep walking...running if I have to (and you know how much I hate to run!).


"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to hear about Ukraine! I will be praying for you this summer! Thanks again for coming to my graduation - it was so much fun to see you there! Love you!

Big Sis said...

Me and the kids will be thinking about you and praying for you. Have a safe and successful trip. Katie & James say Hi!! and that they love you. Love you.. D.