Dec 31, 2009

CAN OFFICIALLY SAY "PHILLY" LIKE I'VE BEEN THERE

I'm currently in New Jersey visiting some great people who have been coming to Ukraine for English camps the past three years. I'm having a blast, and I've only been here about two days! Yesterday my friend Steph had a day of surprises for me. We started the day with a surprise visit from friends Erik & Lauren Vagen (the college/young adult pastor & wife from the church), who then took Steph and I to Philadelphia, PA. I was so excited because I've never been. I welcome all opportunities to visit new cities and states. We had a great time! They took me to this market, which reminded me so much of the outdoor markets in Ukraine (but with WAY better food), then had some Mexican food for lunch, then a no-brainer stop at Starbucks, THEN a trip to MACY'S (never been there) to see a light show and Charles Dickens display thingy. *sigh* We walked all around downtown, even through China Town smelling the sweet smells of...well...not sure what that was. It was so much fun. The night skyline was beautiful as we drove back to NJ.

Our family photo at Macy's. Those large stuffed animals are just so enticing!


Steph & I then headed to a Ukraine Team 09 reunion get together, before which I was surprised with dinner. We then proceeded to one of the student's houses to kick it old school, look at some pictures, dance about, and just reminisce. It was just perfect really. A wonderful day. Let's do it again!!

No comments: