Aug 4, 2008

Hit Me Baby One More Time

I haven’t been this tired in a long time. I don’t know why, but for some reason this summer really took it out of me. I had more free time…well, kinda…in the sense that I didn’t have to do everything with the interns, yet I feel like I had no time. Maybe it’s emotional? Maybe I’m more so emotionally exhausted because I’ve been through so many ups and downs this summer and continue to do so as I make this transition to actually living here. I feel like I need to take a nap that lasts about a week. Close myself off from all contact with the outside world. “Fast” from all that ails, or could ail, me. Maybe that will help? Wait, no, that’s called depression. Next idea…


I guess I really don’t feel like I live here yet. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not leaving in August or September to go back to the states. I’m staying. This apartment I’ve been in and out of is mine. Mine? I don’t have to buy souvenirs or rush to eat at Pozata Hata (or Posabi Habi as the Arkansas guys called it) one more time. People who come here to visit me will buy their own souvenirs, and I can eat at Pozata Hata anytime past the month of September…because I’ll be here. Weird. Still hasn’t hit me.

No comments: