Dec 31, 2007

Three Down

Today, again, was a long day, but a better one. Brooke and Garrett (my twin and her husband) were here all day with me--we hung out, watched a movie, and just waited together. They are wonderful, and Brooke and I just continue to get closer...I am blessed.


My dad had his test this morning. During the test they found a major blockage in the back of my dad's heart (the artery was 94% blocked! that's a lot) Immediately after finding the source the doctor's put a stint in to repair the artery. They said that there other minor blockages, but they were going to try and fix those with medication. The doctor did also officially say that my dad has heart disease. I didn't know exactly what that meant. All I knew was that was what my grandpa (my dad's dad) died from. I freaked a little...not gonna lie. You can click here to read all about it. Basically he's had a lot of damage done in there, and will continue to get worse unless he makes some major changes. My dad is still in the ICU. He has to lay completely flat for so many hours, without moving anything below his shoulders. He hates it. They wanted to keep him 72 hours after the surgery to monitor him, though, he may get to come home tomorrow. For our sake, and the nurses' (he's not too happy about still being there), we're praying he gets to. All in all, he's good. It feels good to say that.


They wouldn't let my mom stay the night--she's not too happy about that, but I will admit selfishly I'm glad she's able to be home tonight. She stayed until they kicked her out. She's so exhausted.......So many people came to see my dad in the hospital. It was cool. Six of my dad's sisters came to see him (he has seven) last night. I don't know when the last time was that they were all in one place together like that.......My mom just got home...not sure we'll make it to midnight to ring in the new year. But, I'm not too worried about that.


Happy New Year.

No comments: